Here’s the short version of my story:
I’m an author, digital designer and marketing professional. My nearly 25-year writing career includes trade publications, magazines, newspapers, three novels and one very snarky blog. As a self-described nerd, you can usually find me with my nose in a book or tapping away on a computer. But, when I’m not feeding my brain, you just might find me out on the water paddle boarding with my daughter (and the dog) or photographing trees.
Other useless facts about me include:
- I live on a river and I paddle board as a hobby.
- I hibernate in the winter (mostly).
- I have a lot of tattoos (and a potty-mouth, and a college degree).
- I sometimes relate to animals better than humans.
- My favorite color is black.
- I’m named after my dad, James.
- I collect books … and I have A LOT of them.
- I read a lot of books.
- My favorite writers are Harper Lee, Virginia Woolf and Cheryl Strayed.
- I think chick singers are cool.
- I loved to write as a kid, too (as you can see by the photo below).